Sunday, October 4, 2009

Zombies: The Book of Recorded Attacks.

With all the hype over Zombieland this weekend, I thought I would take a look into another median that offers zombie entertainment as well. Literature. But not just any literature. Graphic Novel Literature. By Max Brooks.


If you don't know who Max Brooks is, he's the guy that wrote The Zombie Survival Guide, and World War Z. Both of which I loved. I had one person tell me that he thought World War Z was painfully stereotypical once the setting reached beyond the border of the united states. I didn't think it was. I thought the book was awesome. I really did not want to stop reading it. Max Brooks writes intriguing pieces of fiction. And I can't wait to see his jump in the illustrated world of literature. The book debuts October 6th at a cover price of 17.00. If you're like me, I would just go ahead and front the 25 dollar price for a Barnes and Nobles membership. It's well worth it.
I'm starting day shift at work tomorrow, so if I fall behind on posts I apologize in advance. I believe tomorrows post will be about the comic The Walking Dead, which I plan to get into as soon as I get moved.

Also I might need to stop thinking about Zombies for a bit. I had another dream that the virus or whatever could pass to other species. It was by far the longest and most real zombie dream I've ever had. I feel like zombies are taking over my brain (pun intended! Man, I'm a riot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment